Monday, September 25, 2006

Hows this for a toast?

I was reading a book called "The Computational Beauty of Nature" and I was positively clutching my sides, rolling on the floor laughing when I came across this comment by the author:

Engineers work with real world problems, but fudge their results. Mathematicians get precise results, but work with toy problems. Computer scientists, being neither engineers nor mathematicians, work with toy problems and fudge their results.

Now, that would make for a great toast when some of my friends are around! What it needs though, is something about biologists, considering that more than one regular reader of this blog is a biologist. Any suggestions? *evil grin*

Cheers,
Prashanth.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one on the computational scientists... You need to be creative for the biologists quote... ;)

Vc said...

Excusez-moi , rolling on the floor laughing and you ?? Duh !! Quel dommage ...let me see you do that again ..yeah yeah go on. .

Artful Badger said...

Wtf?!! I take serious offense!!

Vc said...

psst so the pig who is no more a pig is a biologist ??

Spee..kk's having a great time bashing some dude..its so funny..uhahahhaa

Prashanth said...

Uahahahaaaaa

Prashanth said...

@Vc: No dude, he's a computer scientist who's done computational biology.

Anonymous said...

Hey SP - even I bought a copy of this book, but haven't gottn around to reading it yet :( - Lava.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha.. nice... that book's on my list!

Anonymous said...

yaaaay! i can finally comment on other blogs!!

Prashanth said...

Lava,
Oh, you should read it... its really super!

Sunshine,
Good to have you back!