Friday, May 02, 2008

Nice to see you again, doc

I mean "doc" in the sense of Doctor, not in the bugs buggy "What's up doc?" style...

So, seriously, have you ever said those words to your doctor? Would you ever?

Come on. However much you may like your doctor, however nice a guy he is, you wouldn't want to see him again. Not as a patient, at any rate. Bumping into him at a wedding or something like that would be alright.

I guess by now you would have figured out why I have been absent from this blog for couple of weeks. Anyway, it has become a ritual now, going to see my doctor, giving him a nice broad smile and telling him my current weight. Like updating him on a cricket score. Don't be surprised if the next time you ask me for the cricket score, I tell you my weight instead.

Regular blogging will commence shortly. And, it looks like regular life will also commence shortly. I expect to get a clean bill of health within a month, and then I can do the whole get-a-job-get-a-life-etc thing.

On other matters, our good friends Vc and Myths are getting married. I will be traveling all the way to bangalore and attending, but it is going to be extremely weird as I've never met either of them before, even though I know them quite well in the virtual world. Just think, I would not know nobody at the wedding except for these two, and I haven't actually met the two of them before, and they would be too busy to talk to me anyway. Jeez. Why am I going? What to do. I promised I would attend. For fraandship's sake.

Congrats, Vee and Myths. May you live happily ever after. Vee, don't worry about Myths' cooking, I will give you some of my Mom's cookbooks. Pssst Myths do the feminist thing, give Vee the books and tell him to start reading.

Cheerio
Prashanth.

8 comments:

Ramya Ramadurai said...

good to know you're better.
and, koshan: myths and vee have met each other before right?or will they also be seeing each other for the first time? :P

Sakshi said...

Good news indeed.Glad to hear you are doing better and will be joining the ranks of miserable working class soon :)

Artful Badger said...

Yeah. People are getting married left, right , center nowadays!

Everyone I know is either married (less likely), engaged or about to get engaged.

Deepti Ravi said...

Congrats on the near chit of good health :) :) :)

Prashanth said...

Galadriel,
Go and paste that comment in Vc's blog and we'll see :)

Sakshi,
Oh yes. Soon. Very soon.

Ramani,
Does that include you? :P

Deepti,
You know things must be real bad when some congratulates for almost something. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you :)
Fraandship sake anta !! kottanante :-P
so, now you met them both :)) so, is Vc from Planet X1245 like he keeps announcing on his blog ;)

Vc said...

ahem.. its X2145 duh !! X1245 has hair eating tables also called vegehairtable polov ..duh duh !!

Anonymous said...

Grosssssssssssssssssssss ! and yuckjhactly how gross did you intend for that PJ to be !!! thu thu thu nachike agolveno thu thu