Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Striking items off the list

Netless in Bangalore: the reason for my long absence from this blog. But I'm back now :)

If I had to sum up what I've been doing in the time since my last post, I would put it in this way: I've been striking items off my list. You know. That invisible list that all of us keep, of important things to do or change about your life. Get a job you like. Buy that motorbike. That kind of stuff.

It's incredible, but I've struck off every item on that list. Pretty unbelievable considering the state of affairs in my life for the past two years or so. In other words, I have a stable existence with a good job, good friends, a life outside of work, a sufficiently convenient place to live, time and even inclination for personal pursuits. Wow! Well, forget about goals, ambitions, things to accomplish in life, etc. Can't do those things, and can't take satisfaction in them if you're not happy, right?

So here I am. After a long time and after a lot of dashed hopes, at a place where I can once again start pursuing my dreams. A foundation to start building upon. Different dreams; different hopes; different goals. But you have to play the cards that life deals you. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade, they say :)

I am ready to make lemonade.

Cheers,
Prashanth.

3 comments:

Ramya Ramadurai said...

woohoo! guess who's back.. back again... :P

Prashanth said...

Grrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back, boyo!
And even better to see you optimistic :)