Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Uncertainty Principle in Life

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle states that the more accurately you try to measure the position of a particle, the less accurately you can measure its velocity, and vice versa. It is not that the particle itself does not have an exact position or velocity; rather, the act of observation itself is associated with such uncertainty.

A strange thought struck me this week. The more sure I feel about where I stand, the less sure I feel about where I am going. If I manage to decide upon where I am indeed going with my life, I feel insecure about where I stand right now in the context of that goal.

Profound, or profoundly stupid? I don't know.

Cheers,
Prashanth.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Speeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you are as stupidly profound as as as as as as ....eh ..aaah ...

Vc

Anonymous said...

ha..
well i disagree with you..
i dont know crap about whats going on today in my life..as well as later on..
low energy observation of a chaotic system..
heh..

Anonymous said...

so what are thanksgiving plans..and india plans for the winter?

Anonymous said...

if I have my life all planned out ... it might not have turned out to be as interesting as it is today ...

I do have a rough idea and few goals an thats it!

Prashanth said...

Vc,
Busy man! How are you?

Ramani,
I think perhaps what you said made sense than what I did :)

Intern,
I didn't mean plan out your entire life... just, know your direction towards some short term goal...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Im from Melbourne Australia.
Please check out these related references on the inherent uncertainty of everything.
1. www.dabase.net/dualsens.htm
2. www.dabase.net/unique.htm
3. www.dabase.net/spacetim.htm
4. www.dabase.net/dht6.htm

Anonymous said...

Nice !
Myths