Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tread carefully...

Some twenty-odd women meeting in my house.

I squeeze in through the mass to pick up a plate and get my lunch.

My family lectures me if I stay aloof, so I eat with them instead of going back to my room and utter polite greetings and "Yes, my health is just super now, thank you" when asked.

I say something about a relative and get shushed because his grandmother is in the room and may have heard me.

One of the women steps out of the house for a few minutes and now the other women start talking about her.

Apparently it is okay to say anything behind someone's back, but not to their face or in front of their relatives.

All talk is loud.

All jokes are facetious.

They think I ought to get married, and my age is still 23.

A circle of women is a nest of vipers. Tread carefully, or don't tread at all.

Cheers
Prashanth.

9 comments:

Born a Libran said...

Always follow ur instincts... Dont is better than careful...

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I had a laugh!
yeah, I think you should get married too!!!

I'm thinking of all the changes in the write-ups here ...
Not so personal, not so candid blog, for the starts ...

Gosh, it's fun to even think of the changes...

Ohh I'm just kidding, if you take this too seriously!

Sakshi said...

Child marriage!!

And I object on behalf of the vipers - they only strike when threatened :D

Prashanth said...

B-a-l,
Can't avoid women all the time :D

Intern,
>:P

Sakshi,
Believe it... my cousin just got engaged this week, the day after his 24th birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Even Dj prefers to stay aloof and all the aunties think he is being a snob...why can't they just understand that some people cannot strike conversations with those who don't belong to the same wavelength/age/attitude!

Anonymous said...

women are nest of vipers.....
I know.

And men are such cute little docile fluffy rabbits ... you can pet them and use as living house decorations ...


just a silly comment!

The Black King said...

Hahahhaa.... had a good laugh, thanks!

Prashanth said...

Kirthi,
Well, I wouldn't mind talking with them if they made a little sense. Hold it... so... when DJ locks himself in his room, you go and gossip with those women?

Intern,
I don't know about men in general but the way people treat me that's probably true in my case ;)

Black King,
You're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

Excuse me! I don't gossip ok...I just watch them talk. The best thing is to be like a fly on the wall :)