Monday, April 24, 2006

The burn-out factor

Another semester drags to an end, and my mind screams for a break. Another two weeks to go before I can afford to, but the conscious mind always loses its battles with the subconscious. My concentration has now waned to the point where I've done zero work in the past three days.

I've finally managed to set aside my holiday plan-making and drag myself back to work, but it looks like I'm going to have to be ultra-efficient in order to do well. In the old days, I always had means to effect a catharsis of sorts when I get burnt out, with a long "binge" of playing computer games or bridge or fantasy novels; but here, novels pass for regular recreation, and I am woefully short of good binge-material of any sort.

In other words, see you all after two weeks with a list of fun-things-to-do-in-the-holidays, and in the meantime, pray for my survival!

Cheers,
Prashanth.

6 comments:

Divster said...

Am praying to Udupi Krishna, to bring more laughter and joy in your life and take away all your worries that come with your wisdom, knowledge and over-loaded braincells.

psst..Try HOT-Wheels! They're the best ultimate bing-material.

Prashanth said...

Divya,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have my future binge-material planned out :) And take this.. >:P

Intern,
Yep. One day at a time. *sigh* 12 more to go...

Artful Badger said...

Final weeks..
Ahh..fun times :)..

alraqs said...

Good luck!...see, now the decision to do coffee will sure come in handy ;)..

Vc said...

hah !! its times like these when you go out of control and start writing posts :) ... some actually make sense ...

Prashanth said...

Ramani,
You are evil.

Alraqs,
Yeah, I'm guzzling coffee :(

Vc,
Damn :) you know me too well!