Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Me? Weird?

I've been tagged by DiTtY. I don't often respond to tags but this one seems harmless enough... I'm supposed to talk about my "weird characteristics". Should be easy, considering I have few normal characteristics :)

- I'm an indoors guy. Everything I do, from work to play, is done indoors. Not that I hate the outdoors or anything, I'm just complacent enough to do everything indoors and lazy enough to not want exercise.

- I don't know how to say NO. If you ask nice, I'll cave in like a chocolate cake. As long as I don't have to do anything that offends my principles, I'll help you out with anything, almost.

- I cannot haggle with auto rickshaw drivers. I'd rather pay the extra five rupees and save myself the trouble. Come to think of it, I can't bargain with anybody. Not shopkeepers, not friends, not anybody.

- I can sleep with the lights on and my roommates playing rock music in the next room. I can read with the TV on and people talking in the same room. Heck, I can study/work with practically any visual or audio distraction. You can't sway my concentration easily.

- Alas, that cuts both ways. I choose not to concentrate on mundane things, making me very forgetful. Did I not tell you about the time I walked into a wall?

- I have to read. Something. Anything. I need a book a week, minimum, or I'll get withdrawal symptoms.

- I have a wicked way of putting off chirpy relatives when I'm in a less tolerant state of mind. I talk and explain things in a roundabout and technical fashion, that they wish they'd never brought up whatever it was they brought up. Unfortunately it became so much of a habit that I talk the same way almost all the time now!

- I'm a feminist. There, beat that!

Cheers,
Prashanth.

13 comments:

Born a Libran said...

How did u survive in Chennai without haggling with the auto drivers?

Ur selective concentration could get u into trouble one day.

As weird as u may think u r, u r pretty normal :)

Tipsy Topsy said...

u? feminist?

it was atleast an hour of intensive discussion that we had where i tried to tell u why women need the "priveleges" they get! booooooo :P

Preethi said...

Came over here thru Born a Libran's place, but the first thing that striked me is ur Blog name.. Wizard did u say??
Any chance a Harry Potter fan???
Coool... :)

Preethi said...

Hehe.. nice weirdos we have in Blogosphere.. :)

P said...

LOL @ being a feminist!

Prashanth said...

B-a-l,
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

TT,
Hey, I'm a feminist by guy standards!!

Smiling Girl,
LOTR before Harry Potter, and a zillion other examples of wizardry in fiction alongside :)
And... hush... not so loud!

Perspective,
Hard to beat, ain't it? ;)

Intern,
Hey, you announced yourself as "weird" and "crazy" when you first started commenting on my blog... so you tell me!!

sunshine said...

totally relate to the selective concentration... no wonder ppl call me weird too!

sunshine said...

also, i dont see wats weird abt guys being feminists... totally possible.. :)

Prashanth said...

May Sunshine,
Come, come, join the club :)

Anonymous said...

weirdness is relative
~alraqs

Prashanth said...

Everything is relative. Velocity. Grades. Intelligence. How does that make it better, or me less weirder?

Anonymous said...

~ it makes it not matter...in the larger scheme of things...like those other things you mentioned..
~ and the relative comparisons are constrained by individual knowledge...since you're okay with it, it doesnt matter if you're more or less weird...
~ I'm blabbing simply for the sake of blabbing..the end.

Vc said...

yeah yeah you are weird.. sigh*