Friday, September 07, 2007

Stepping out....

When I landed back in the US last month, I thought it would take a few days for me to get my affairs in order.

A few days passed and as I got a better idea of what I was facing, I began to think it would probably take a few weeks.

Now it has been almost three weeks and I have come to realize the full extent of what I can only describe as self-sabotage, committed in a period when I was depressed and distracted, and simply not myself. And I know it is not a matter of days or weeks but months before I can fix everything that is broken. It takes far longer to rebuild than it takes to ruin something.

I am going to throw myself into work for a few months, and will not be much hanging around any blogs during that time. I do hope to get a short story or two in. Please keep in touch by email / chat / phone in the meantime!

Cheers,
Prashanth.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

work is a great refuge as it leaves you with a great sense of satisfaction of having done something substantial,tangible,change-agent.enjoy the time while being at it.Work atmosphere n the whole plethora of dirty politics may dissuade you at times, then throw yourself back into books etc..

enjoy ur work n take care

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything! hope to see you back soon..

Anonymous said...

Take time getting everything abck in place.. and yes the phone and mails will be sent :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Gud luck! Will wait for you to get back :)

Artful Badger said...

Best of luck man! Let me try to call you over the weekend.

Unknown said...

hey good luck prashant...don't let ANYTHING dissuade u this time ard!! things will be back in place man! jus a little time:)

Artful Badger said...

Pedal to the metal huh? Good stuff.
I tried to call you btw. A couple of days back. I just went into voicemail.