Thursday, September 20, 2007

Robert Jordan Dies

Robert Jordan, author of the Wheel of Time fantasy series, is dead. He had been suffering from amyloidosis, a blood disorder, for a while and us fans have been aware of it. Although he came under some flak for stretching the series t__h__i__n, I for one have enjoyed the Wheel of Time series and even re-read the entire thing this summer in anticipation of the last book (which, sadly, will never come now).

Here is the link to the NY Times article.

I am a big enough fan of Jordan that I mention him on my blog often, and not just on fantasy reviews, but even on other random ones.

Peace favour your sword.

Prashanth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. . It was you who introduced me to RJ, well it was more of you and Madz fighting over which was better, the knife or the shaving blade.( duh) . I believe it was a couple of years ago that I bought my first Wheel of Time book and now I have all the books from 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 ( 9 still missing) and mind you not in PDF. Gosh , I have recommended the series umpteen times.
Although I didn’t know RJ in the flesh, I hope his soul rests in peace. Amen.

Peace favour your sword.
Vinod

Artful Badger said...

Sad.
I found it sad when Isaac Asimov died, but that was in the 90's. I used to love his books.