Friday, September 23, 2005

Half Century!

Blogger informs me that this is my Fiftieth post! So I can raise my bat... and perhaps think about retiring...

Gotcha! No, I'm not going to throw away my third biggest pastime until I find something better to do. One and two are Reading and Playing Bridge respectively, by the way.

At this time, I want to thank Jorge Cham for creating PHD Comics: Piled Higher and Deeper, which has been a source of infinite amusement for me and is a sure cure for Grad Depression. I think it's a sad state of affairs that there are so few things in the world that I find truly funny... is that a sign of growing cynicism? But at least... my inordinate and permanent geekiness ordains that there is one class of jokes that I will always find funny!



It's nice to know that I'm not the only person in the world confronted with some fundamental questions about my choice of lifestyle...



... not to mention, I have a crush on Cecilia...



Cheers,
Prashanth

8 comments:

Vc said...

Cecilia, you’re breaking my heart
You’re shaking my confidence daily
Oh, cecilia, I’m down on my knees
I’m begging you please to come home

~Simon & Garfunkel

I like reading Pearls before Swine ...
http://www.comics.com/comics/pearls/archive/pearls-20050916.html

and congrats on "50" well written posts..

Artful Badger said...

You are growing old.
I love Ph. D. comics. I had also put up one of those a while earlier.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS n CELEBRATIONS!!!

Time for:
- Cease-Fire (in the declared war-zone)
- Pamper-Break (in Operation De-pamper)

So you deserve the luxury and opulence of hot-nutritious home-cooked meal and immaculately washed-ironed cloths (stains-free n lint-free)... How time changes and now such erstwhile taken-for-granted blessings have become next-to-impossible dreams...

Nevermind, maybe a movie might come to rescue; two good ones have just been released: FlightPlan and The History of Violence (the latter has dame Mario Bello, from Pennsylvania .. and I've not seen either, so no reviews)

Now, I temporarily self-waiver the no-compliment edict enforced on me to extol your Blog ... AWESOME!!!
Enjoyed reading and had fun commenting ... Keep Up The Good Works ... and along with sense of integrity-n-duty, keep those funny quips and philosophical poems alive; they can provide the best break in the most tense moments..... know "the importance of smelling the roses as you go through life"

*intern.

sensiblystoned said...

Show me one grad student who doesnt like PhD comics (never mind the chinese who doesnt half understand english). I must have re-read the whole archive atleast 3 times. Say, ure not having a crush on cecilia because shes the only female engg grad student in ure day-to-day life, are you?

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!

Guess sensiblystoned hit the nail right on...

*I

Prashanth said...

*Waaaaaaahh* *sniff* *sob*
You know, there is such a thing as too much of truth...

Anonymous said...

Damn!!!
how bad can it get???
There's no gal even to lend shoulders...!!

*I

Any gal around???
Quick! Respond ASAP!!!

sensiblystoned said...

Welcome to the real world!!!