Monday, September 19, 2005

War is declared!

Whenever we do something different, it feels like a struggle... and to come out on top, we practically need to declare war and throw all our resources at it. Usually it is in our work or studies; but even in mundane matters, it is no less difficult or dangerous!

When I got a stain on my favourite shirt, it refused to go away even after washing. So I did the unthinkable - I sought a solution through *shudder* shopping. I browsed the shelves and bought a stain "eraser" and washed it again - now it is almost gone.

In a land where every floor is carpeted, an unseen enemy lurks everywhere. Lint. Never did I know before coming here that taking care of one's clothes could be so difficult. All my clothes have strands of lint sticking onto them that will not go away just by washing. In fact, washing makes them harder to remove. So, I had to do battle again. I donned the mantle of the Super Duper Master Shopper and bought a hi-tech electrostatic lint remover at the Magic Housekeeper Mart. Well... actually I can't afford such stuff so I bought one of those dime-a-dozen adhesive based lint rollers off a Weiss Mart shelf. Super Duper? More like Super Pauper. But I shouldn't call myself a Master Shopper, because I keep reminding people here that I got my Masters even before coming here for Ph.D. So I'm a Master-Almost-Doctor Shopper. Splendid.

Cooking is another war by itself, the toughest part being remembering Mom's instructions on nutrition. So when I make fried rice or noodles, I add egg and lots of vegetables. I drink milk and fruit juices everyday and even eat apples on occasion. My Mom's an expert nutritionist, so I guess some of her concern and a bit of her knowledge has rubbed off on me.

So, here I am.
Super Pauper, Master-Almost-Doctor Shopper, Expert Nutritionist.

In short,
SP, MAD Shopper, Ex Nut.

Cheers,
Prashanth.

P.S. Lots of work this week so will not be present on blogworld much till next weekend.

14 comments:

Artful Badger said...

Huh?!!?? You seem to be much peeved.
"Master-Almost-Doctor Shopper" heh..
Lint : Actually, had no idea what it was until recently. This sem we have some girls living downstairs and they complained about the lint from the washing machine. We also got complained about clothes that we left there without removing. Girls... Guys last year. Soooo peaceful.
Hmm..looks like work loads picking up...

Vc said...

Was that your fav shirt ? Didn't you mention that in one of your posts.. Wait a min.. did Ramani say girls were living downstairs?
Hey Ramani we want more on that topic..ooops sorry Sp..just got carried away...

sensiblystoned said...

While you are at it can you find out how to remove beer stains :P

Prashanth said...

Yeah Ramani, tell us tell us... are those girls hmm hmm?

Kierthi, sorry ol' chap, you're asking the wrong guy :)

Anonymous said...

my o my... announcing ...
WAR on LINT !!!

Why am I reminded of Don Quixote???
Knight in full armours, riding on his horse Rocinante; helmet, shield n spear in place;
enter into armed conflict with...
Guess What ...
LINT!!!

Just kidding.....

But comeon now, GET OVER IT
or GET USED TO IT:
Learn to cook food - check
Wash-dry-iron cloths - check
Clean-n-tidy room - check
Expenses in dollars - check
Handling peevish-noisome friends - check
These are minor teething problems ...

Now let STUDIES CONSUME you totally:
time, energy, money, thoughts, effort ...
... and may you find a meritorious honorable maiden who rules your thoughts n steals your sleep...

*Intern
who else?

Prashanth said...

Make up your mind, do you want me to be consumed by studies or meritorious honourable maidens?

Artful Badger said...

Make up your mind, do you want me to be consumed by studies or meritorious honourable maidens?
You can have cake or potassium cyanide. Go for the cake.

Anonymous said...

"...consumed by studies or meritorious honourable maidens? "


GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!
Behold ...what disaster, an innocent-looking curvacious "S" can assume; While a maiden: fair n lovely; may bringbloom; But maidenS sure will cast spell of cataclysmic doom ...

Now.. coming to a virtuous dame; I see no conflict of interests;
- "to impress" may have its salutary repercussions in the form of positive motivation or incentive to excel; while simultaneously;
- her gratifying memories may occupy petulant mind; supplanting thoughts of mundane chores of cooking-cleaning; with more pleasant desires ....
(need I say more .......)

Hear the voice of a bard;
who past, present and future can see.....
*Intern.

Artful Badger said...

Are those girls double? Yeah they stay together, I don't know why you guys need to hesitate too much.

If you prick us, do we not bleed?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh?
if you poison us, do we not die?
if you wrong us, shall we not
revenge?
if my life sucks, do you have to rub it in?

Prashanth said...

There are hardly any maidens here, leave alone meritorious honourable ones.

Since the cyanide is so hard to find, I guess I'll just take the cake ;)

Anonymous said...

AAaawwwwwww,
that sounds sooo boring @ Prashanth

Vc said...

Aren't we straying away from the main topic ??? KCN and CHOCOLATE CAKES !!! hah

So Ramani what can you tell us about the hmm hmm ones ?? Your "do we die " comments was clap clap..

Sp aren't you supposed to be doing something like.. eh. . studying ?

Prashanth said...

I just realized that I have a LOT of time for assignments, and being a born procrastinator (in fact I was born late) I am continuing to blog rather than do my work... but there is nothing to study in any case.

Kirthi said...

The last line 'SP, MAD Shopper, Ex Nut.' fits apt for you! And I actually laughed at that one..so pat urself for that!!