Sunday, October 01, 2006

Something meaningful...

I started earning money only two years ago, and although it wasn't much at that point, I wanted to make a small donation to charity from my first salary. Of course, I had no idea how to do that, so I waffled until I submitted my Master's thesis and then handed the little sum to my Mom, telling her that I wanted something meaningful to come from it. Today, I was talking to her and she mentioned that the money had gone into paying the school fees for two poor children for a whole year! It nearly brought tears to my eyes. Trust Mom to know exactly what I would have wanted to do with it, and then getting the maximum out of it!

Little things like these help me remember that my efforts in life will never go wasted. Makes it easier to face the next sunrise.