Thursday, October 26, 2006

Looking forward to....

Eragon: The Movie

In a kingdom ruled by an immortal and tyrannical king, people cower in fear and pray for a saviour. Some whisper about the days when the Dragon Riders were the guardians of people, and used their magical abilities for the good of the realm.

Eragon is the first person to be marked with the sign of the dragon in over a thousand years, and becomes a magnet for danger, and a beacon for hope...


Incidentally, Christopher Paolini wrote the book Eragon at the age of 15! Unbelievable, isn't it?

Pssst... girls... do you find the hero smart/handsome? Maybe the next generation of people like me will be able to talk to girls about dragons without feeling weird :)

View the trailer for the movie here.

Neverwinter Nights 2: The Game

The Sword Coast teeters on the brink of war, at a time when the realm desperately needs to stand united against dark forces gathering under the banner of a legendary evil. A lone hero comes into possession of a mysterious relic, whose secrets hold the key to a situation that threatens to enslave the world...

I've never pre-ordered a game in my life, but I've done so now. NWN2 is the most looked-forward-to computer game of the year, because it will combine the party-based strategies of Baldur's Gate with the 3D graphics and character-building mechanism that was so successful in the original installment of NWN.


View the trailer for the game here. (takes a minute to download)

7 comments:

sensiblystoned said...

sweeeeeeeet!!! you know that peter jackson is also in talks about making the hobbit.

oh yeah i read the assassin series, it was good dude. i didnt like some parts of it but it was definitely good.

Anonymous said...

isnt eragon a baby book? i havent read it, but the reviews were quite bad. have u read the book?

i played NWN for 40 hrs. Havent played the expansion yet. i no longer have the time for such long hrs of gaming. do bring the game, when u come to india. hope it works on a ati 9500pro.

i have downloaded loads of fantasy ebooks from torrents. no time to read them yet. currently i am reading tad williams. looks ok, not as fast paced as other fantasy books.

Prashanth said...

Kierthi,
Yeah, I heard about the Hobbit movie. Should be a good one!

I felt exactly the same way about all of Robin Hobb's novels... I never read a single Hobb novel that I liked unconditionally, but I'm still hooked.

Anna,
Yep, Eragon is a li'l kids book. The movie trailer looks like we can watch it, though. I still haven't read the book myself, but my library has it in the Children's book section :)

NWN1 was good but after playing Baldur's gate 2, single character tactics felt obsolete to me. Only party tactics in RPGs from now on for me! Long live NWN2!

Only the "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn" series of Tad Williams is good as far as I know. It is confusing at first but picks up superbly after 100 pages. I tried reading his Otherland series but I found it awful.

Vc said...

Eragon ?? Now ?/ Gosh Dude i have been telling you about the book for..like 10 years ??? sigh...

Anonymous said...

Baby book :)))! He is not all that cute...definitely not as cute as tobey macguire *sighhhhhhhhh*

Anonymous said...

Oh I liked Diablo. I remember Baldurs gate as well. It was all the rage when we were in IIT.

I actually missed computer games a wee bit. Ages since I have played. Is it because I have grown up or decided that I have grown up.

Prashanth said...

Vee,
I'm talking about the movie, dude... go watch the trailer...

Ro,
Ah well. I guess girls will continue to grow up thinking dragons are weird :)

Badger,
I remember, we actually used to swap games a lot at one point of time. We also promised to swap books but never got around to it.